Monday

Breast Cancer Walk

Last week while watching a few football and baseball games I was kind
of surprised to see so many athletes, coaches, and their staffs arrayed
in something pink. At first I wondered what this pink stuff was all
about and then I realized that it was a very powerful and positive
campaign to make the public aware of breast cancer and the need
to find a cure. We all have mothers or sisters or aunts and female
friends who might become stricken with breast cancer. As a BU
student-athlete I was very proud to march with my coach, teammates and
fellow BU athletes in solidarity for such a worthy cause. Awareness and
action are important; I am just concerned that after more than 50 years
and probably billions of dollars spent on research of cancer in
general, we don't seem to be any closer to a cure than we were in the
1950s. Has cancer become a big business?

No comments:

Post a Comment